Paruretic.Org PIVOT 06/12/2017 07:30

The Path To Recovery - In My Opinion
DaveA

Paruretic.Org PIVOT 06/12/2017 07:30

Post by DaveA » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:24 am

Today, June 12th, 2017 at 07:30, I made the determination that there's nothing more I can write or create to help paruretics recover.

:mrgreen: For anyone who reaches the conclusion that draining their bladder is MORE important than keeping the secret...THIS talk forum's accumulated information from the highly or fully recovered is fucking golden...in my humble opinion. :lol:

:!: I've disabled the registration process for new members.
:!: I've disabled posting and replies.

:arrow: Existing members can still access all content (by logging in).

:arrow: Existing member can SEARCH for topics, techniques, suggestions within Paruretic.Org

:arrow: New content from me will become scarce, but any existing member that wishes to offer aid...has my blessing.

:arrow: As a guest at the IPA...I let shit slide (usually), when somebody is out in the tules but in alignment with IPA policies.

:arrow: Here at Paruretic.Org...I'll continue to NOT allow paruretic bullshit. :mrgreen:
(Politely of course, because I certainly understand and had PLENTY of my own paruretic bullshit swirling around inside my head...prior to recovery.)

:arrow: I'll be silently active as I try to organize and present the enormous amount of valuable recovery information that has been contributed by both me and a number of fellow advanced-level recovering paruretics.

If you have ANY question about paruresis, where my recovery process, concepts and techniques might aid your own efforts...I've almost certainly written about it here and at the IPA multiple times.

For the last six months, I've been closely monitoring all online activity, both here and at the IPA talk forums. My criteria for determining when my "mission" has been accomplished...has been met.

:?: Have I adequately documented MY thoughts and opinions on everything paruretic, and how I recovered?
:arrow: Yes

The common topics, concerns, issues and how to address them for recovery purposes...are all here.

In the last six months, any question asked, or not asked :mrgreen: ...has been discussed here previously and all I'm doing is repeating myself endlessly. Although it was originally helpful for my own recovery to repeat the most basic of recovery concepts over and over to fellow paruretics, that value no longer exists for me.

And since I'm now comfortable that if a paruretic is motivated and ready to hear what works, they CAN find the information here if nowhere else...I'm discontinuing my efforts.

For Paruretic recovery, the bottom line is that each paruretic has to claw their way out of the pit entirely on their own. All that anyone else can do (even licensed professional Psychologists) is attempt to guide you toward pulling yourself out of the pit.

Whether you do that self-guided or professionally guided...it's still just guidance.
Recovery IS possible, but at the end of the day, it will be YOUR personal effort that gets you there.

Best wishes to all paruretics, recovery IS possible.
You can't successfully tease a person about something they don't feel embarrassed about.
I can pee...because it's okay if I can't.
The problem is embarrassment, paruresis is rooted in your embarrassment.

william

Re: Paruretic.Org PIVOT 06/12/2017 07:30

Post by william » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:08 am

mission accomplished...
there's a beginning and end to everything in life...

congratulations Dave..
peeing is easy
performing to expectations is hard

DaveA

Re: Paruretic.Org PIVOT 06/12/2017 07:30

Post by DaveA » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:30 am

Thanks William!
Actually, let me rephrase to say that stronger...

Thanks for everything William!
You're the most present and obvious example of what Carl Robbins gave me and others who have truly understood and achieved recovery or significant relief of their paruretic symptoms.
You can't successfully tease a person about something they don't feel embarrassed about.
I can pee...because it's okay if I can't.
The problem is embarrassment, paruresis is rooted in your embarrassment.