Support Group meeting today

Cotal2392

Support Group meeting today

Post by Cotal2392 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:41 pm

Decided to attend the support group meeting today in an effort to feel like I accomplished something regarding the paruretic battle front. It's been a while since I've attended a meeting so my fluid loading and GE wasn't at the level I wished it was but attending did still confirm I need to start working on things Dave suggested previously like working on completely desentizing to one person aka my wife in my personal scenario.

I'm not sure why I haven't tried yet other than laziness and lack of commitment but I know it will sort of break down a mental wall I have up for myself and my current level of recovery.

Another issue which I don't know if Dave has addressed but when fluid loading before practice I think I might be drinking TOO much fluids. I keep drinking as long as I don't feel any urgency and then all of a sudden it hits me but when I go to let some out even in my bottom hierarchy level of comfort it's as if my bladder is so full I can keep a solid stream going...a little comes out then stops then I settle again a little more...so on and so fourth. I'm not sure if I just need to stop after a certain amount of liquid then just WAIT for urgency or what?

Good to catch up with fellow paruretics as usual although the group was collectively smaller than usual today being only 5 of us. The hour drive back and fourth is difficult for me bu I don't attend every meeting. Wife practice definitely needs to start soon and I need to stop pansying out of it.

william

Re: Support Group meeting today

Post by william » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:00 pm

takes 3 - 4hours for the drinks to create a full bladder, it can be accelerated by
caffeine or other diuretics...

Make sure you have enough potassium when drinking lots...
otherwise danger of water intoxication...

[Note added by DaveA: People have DIED from water intoxication. Take William's advice and BE CAREFUL always if fluid loading.]
peeing is easy
performing to expectations is hard

Cotal2392

Re: Support Group meeting today

Post by Cotal2392 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:05 pm

[quote=william post_id=6484 time=1497150034 user_id=4728]
takes 3 - 4hours for the drinks to create a full bladder, it can be accelerated by
caffeine or other diuretics...

Make sure you have enough potassium when drinking lots...
otherwise danger of water intoxication...
[/quote]

Thanks William I know the dangers of water intoxication so it was probably the equivalent of 2.5 bottles of water but in the morning were naturally dehydrated so didn't feel like that much at the time as half of it was iced teen tea but nonetheless I can only assume I'm drinking too large an amount at one time instead of drinking less and waiting longer for natural urgency.