Video: Shy Guys

Techniques and concepts for recovery from shy bladder (paruresis)
DaveA

Video: Shy Guys

Post by DaveA » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:08 pm

This is a well made, lighthearted look at paruresis.
The production values are professional grade.

https://www.productionhub.com/video/49359/shy-guys

MY SUGGESTION:

:arrow: 1.) Watch the entire video BEFORE YOU READ MY THOUGHTS BELOW.

:arrow: 2.) Write down your thoughts and impressions on the video (better than just thinking about them). Include the emotions it evokes for you.

:arrow: 3.) Read my thoughts on it below.

:arrow: 4.) Watch the entire video again, while referencing my notes as it plays.

If you don't understand paruresis, odds are you'll never recover.
MANY who believe they understand it...don't.

I'm just a former paruretic, and my thoughts are the thoughts of a recovered paruretic.
You can't successfully tease a person about something they don't feel embarrassed about.
I can pee...because it's okay if I can't.
The problem is embarrassment, all else is rooted in your embarrassment.

DaveA

Re: Video: Shy Guys

Post by DaveA » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:40 pm

Here's my thoughts on it...

:arrow: Older pee-shy guy selects urinal while fully aware that if he doesn't start peeing fast, somebody might enter restroom and he WON'T be able to pee.

:?: Okay...why didn't he select a stall, sitting if necessary?

:idea: Because it's important to him that he use a urinal?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:arrow: Younger pee-shy guy enters, sees somebody else at urinals and STILL selects a urinal, guaranteeing he won't be able to pee.

:?: Same question. Why didn't he select a stall, sitting if necessary?

:idea: Because it's important to him that he use a urinal?

:arrow: Third very large NON-pee-shy guy enters, takes only available urinal (between the two pee-shy guys).

:arrow: Both pee-shy guys express emotion as he easily empties out at a volume and rate that would make a stallion go "DAMN"!

:?: What are their emotions?
:idea: What are yours? :mrgreen:

Envy? Feelings of inadequacy? Impressed?
:idea: Identify and examine those emotions.

:idea: Pay attention to the part where they try to figure out WHY they're pee-shy.

Note: They DON'T figure it out.

MY FAVORITE PART OF THE VIDEO :lol:

:arrow: A guy they weren't aware of, exits a stall. HE emptied out...because he did what he needed to do while the macho guys are locked-up at the urinals in a failed attempt to confirm their manhood.

:mrgreen: Probably my imagination, but I swear that at least 50 NON-pee-shy guys at various times have given me the envious look after I entered, said "fuck that" and selected a stall where I was comfortable, emptied out easily and was exiting while they were still standing at the urinals confirming their manhood.

:?: Would I have sat in the stall if necessary?
:mrgreen: Fuck yeah!

:?: "What are we gonna do"?

:mrgreen: Well...that depends on what you're TRYING to do.
If you're trying to pee, GO INTO A FUCKING STALL, SIT IF NECESSARY, FIND ANOTHER RESTROOM, COME BACK LATER...shall I continue?

On the other hand, if you're trying to confirm your manhood...and you realize that error, you're closer to understanding what's needed for recovery.

:arrow: As they bond at the end, they become comfortable with the fact that neither will judge the other harshly...and they pee.

:mrgreen: That's a window into the motivational driver of paruresis...fear of being judged harshly.

You can't successfully tease a person about something they don't feel embarrassed about.
I can pee...because it's okay if I can't.
The problem is embarrassment, all else is rooted in your embarrassment.